Monday, March 31, 2008

SKIPPY


"Mom, can we get a dog?"
"No."
"Dad, can we get a dog?"
"No."
"Mom, can we get a dog?"
"No."
"Dad, can we get a dog?"
"No."
This is how it's been for years, folks. And, being the anti-aminal type of people we are, it didn't seem likely (especially with their "i hate dogs" Daddy)... MAYBE when Mom stops working and stays home to keep house...MAYBE!
So, what made the clouds part and the time turn to "right"? Skippy!
Mom has taken the kids to the pet store to look at the dogs a few times before, but this Saturday was different. Ellie fell in LOVE with a little 4 month old, cream-white, chihuahua. What made this dog the "this is it dog"? It could be the fact that he hasn't made a SOUND since we've had him, or that John and I have never seen a more well-mannered dog, or that John fell in love with him too! That's saying A LOT, i mean A LOT! John doesn't just not like dogs, he hates them! So, we brought home this little puppy, completely undercover from the kids. I have never seen them so excited... and they named him SKIPPY.


8 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh!! That is the cutest dog I have ever seen!! I love it!! It reminded me when you were helping me pick out a dog!! You are such the pro!! You picked out a winner!! So excited for the new member in the family!!

We will have to get our dog's to meet sometime!! Lacey would love Skippy!! :)

LACY said...

way to go! So cute!

Kasey said...

Ok, this is a little weird. I hope you don't think I'm a crazy, but my I am a Garlock and as far as I know, we are not related. Maybe we are and we just don't know. So my family blog is www.garlockfam.blogspot.com, (check us out so you know we're not nuts)and I typed in family instead of fam and stumbled accross you guys. Imagine my surprise when The Garlocks popped up and not a face looked familiar to me.
You guys are very cute, but Garlock's totally are!
So, let me introduce myself. My name is Kasey (Garlock) Turner. My family lives in Arizona. My dad grew up in Oregon with 7 brothers and sisters. His dad was Gordon who died when my dad was 6 years old. Any of that sound familiar? My blog is www.kaseyrocky.blogspot.com.
Feel free to e-mail me if you want and we can see if our Garlock lines are connected.
I hope this isn't weird or anything.
Talk to you soon!
Kasey =)
turnertrio@hotmail.com

MEGAN said...

Ha! you caved in. You could have had Mischa! Josh already loved her, LOL!

Becky said...

Oh I hope this day never comes for me. I am not much of an animal person. Lucky for me my kids are terrified of them for the time being. It's a very cute dog though.

The Fraser's said...

Soooo...does it really count as a dog if you can put it in a t-shirt?! JUST KIDDING - Congratulations!

Heather said...

How is your little puppy!!
By the way I tagged you!! Check out my blog!! No obligation!

The Harrises said...

Very beautiful family! Now you have a dog to boot.