Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Alexis Rose Garlock is here!!!


Name: Alexis Rose Garlock
Birthday: May 28, 2009 - 9:24 pm
Weight: 8 lbs 2 oz (and that's 2 weeks early!)
Length: 22 inches

Well our little Alexis came into our lives with some serious style!
Thursday night I made a phone call to John, who was out for ice-cream with the kids, at 7:59 telling him that my water just broke. He rushed home against my recommendation to stay and get ice-cream... which was a very good decision on his part... My contractions started immediately and were quite painful, by the time John got home and we grabbed our bags and headed to LDS Hospital, my contractions were right on top of each other - literally NO break in between.
We made it to the hospital around 9pm, was barely able to get changed into a gown (all the while screaming for help), was told I was not able to have an epidural because she was coming now, freaked out, pushed 3 times and she was here. Luckily there was a doctor walking down the hall that saw we needed help, or the poor nurse would have grabbed Lexi as she shot out...at 9:24 pm
Literally the hardest physical experience of my life...all worth it of course.
She has been the best baby! She is sleeping through the night, I have to wake her to feed and she is just so content. We are so lucky! The kids are being such great helpers and are so happy their little sister is here. She is definitley loved...maybe even a little obsessed over.

9 comments:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

Yeah!!!!!! What a good story to tell. Seriously sooooo happy for you guys. Sge is stunning. Congrats!

Laura said...

WOW! Way to go! She is so beautiful. You are a trooper!

Rachel Lovato said...

Oh Jen! She is adorable! I love her dark hair! Congratulations! What a story! I can't believe you went natural! That is awesome..you are one tough chick and one lucky momma! Love ya!

amy said...

She is so darn cute! It is kind of fun to have such a dramatic story to tell, don't you think? All my stories are the same...got to the hospital, got epidural, started pitosin and 6 hours later we had a baby. How boring is that! We are soooo happy for you. Congratulations!!!

Heather said...

OHHHHHH JENNY!!!!! She is gorgeous!!! I am so happy to see the happy news!! I feel so bad that I am just getting to see the news now!!! I am so happy that everything ended well. I am sorry that you had some screaming and pain!! So HAPPY that she is such a good healthy, adorable baby!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I miss you girl!! Big cyber hugs to you and the new little one!!

The Harrises said...

Wow! I can't you believe you made it just in the nick of time! That was pushing it. Well I hope she gets through life that way--she'll always be first. Congrats to the both you. She's beautiful and so are you--even in a hospital gown.

Miss Heather said...

She's so beautiful!! Just like you, of course. You look awesome right after her birth. I can't believe you had a "natural" birth on accident!! That's aweseome!! (I would never do it unless it was an accident too... so you ROCK!)... I'm so glad you're doing well. I need to come up and visit so I can meet Alexis!!

amy said...

Yo this is Gabi she is sooooooooooo cute how did you get that cute of a baby you are so lucky to have her tell Ellie I said hi


P.S.
did she get a tan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emmilee said...

Congratulations Jen!! She is beautiful! I am so happy for you- I can not believe you had to have her naturally- what a trooper you are! At least she came fast!! I want to meet your new addition soon- we will have to do lunch!